On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 09:13:38AM -0500, Geof Goodrum wrote:

> I've been running two RAID5 and one RAID0 set since raidtools v0.41.  I
> skipped v0.50 and went right to alpha v0.90.  You might consider doing the
> same, as 0.90 has been quite solid for me.
>
> Your configuration is unclear to me.  Is it two partitions per RAID
> set, or two partitions per drive x 4 drives?  Posting your raid
> configuration file(s) would help.

Two partitions (md0 and md1), spread across 4 drives.  So, two partitions
per drive: sd[abcd]1 connected to md0, each sd[abcd]2 connected to md1.

As I said, everything worked when I activated one set at a time, but
activating both was impossible.  Could my problem be SMP related?

Thanks for the response, I'll try the newer raid tools.

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson                     [ PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89 ]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -=- http://www.mmedia.is/~bre -=- Juggler@IRCnet

                         Five tons of flax!