I had 3 seagate barracudas in a concat, the last one (block 8M-12M)
crashed yesterday.

I just want to tell others my experiences. I put another drive in there,
mounted the md partition RO, copied the files I could (was some), ran
fsck, got 2 gig in lost+found, some of which was salvagable.

I guess I was lucky that it was the last drive that crashed...

Just wanted to tell my story, so if this happens to you, not everything is
lost. Quite a lot of the files may still be reachable.

-----
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]