Hi guys,

I'm sorry for the off-topic subject, but I'm having this weird problem that
locks up the console's keyboard.

What could conceivably lock out the keyboard upon boot-up?

I have a Stampede Linux installation that works fine. Worked fine with 2.0.36
kernel. However, if I try to boot up with ANY version of 2.2.x, the keyboard
works up to the point when the login prompt comes up. It woks when the LILO:
prompt comes up, but then as soon as it boots up, the keyboard gets locked
out!! The server simply does not respond to the keyboard at all!!

However, everything else is FINE. I can log in remotely, all services are
active, the server is functioning perfectly. It's just the console/keyboard
that don't work! And again, this is with kernel 2.2.x only. If I boot up with
2.0.36 then the keyboard works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?? Alan? Anyone ever seen this? What exactly is it that
"controls" the keyboard input that could be getting screwed up (maybe a bad
library?)

Thanks
Ricardo

This message powered by EMUmail.  http://EMUmail.com