Hi

The SuSE kernel is a "special" kernel for their distribution only. I
read some time ago, that the "SuSE-kernels" are patched by them before
they are released on their CDs - but I didn't find any information what
patches they have added. Most times I think they just add some new
drivers, but that make the other patches do not work (I think).
So I went over to the "raw" kernel sources you can get from e.g.
www.kernel.org and the mirrors. SuSE also includes a "raw" kernel on
their CDs.
These kernels are sure able to be patched and so you can add the
raid0145-2.0.36-19990309-patch to it.
Using the same kernel-source (e.g. 2.0.36) as SuSE based their
distribution on makes sure that the loadable modules support (e.g. for
ISDN) will keep working (because e.g. just the ISDN was compiled for
2.0.36 under SuSE 6.0).

So, there are five things to do:
1. include the raw kernel sources (same version especially)
2. patch the kernel with the actual raid-patch
3. do a "make menuconfig" (or config/xconfig)
4. enable the raid-support you want
5. compile the kernel

Just after rebooting the new raid will work.

Greetings, Dietmar

p.s: contact me again if it does not work

--
We all have lack of knowledge...

Dietmar Stein, Systemadministrator UNIX/Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]