Hello,

I've successfully installed a software RAID 5 array using kernel 2.2.3
and the 0.90 patch and tools.  I have posted the results of this
endeavor, including benchmarks at:

http://www.idiom.com/~tbyrd/softraid/index.html

It might answer some of the questions I've seen here lately regarding
which software is required to run the latest tools, and provides links
to the latest software and documentation.  It also includes Bonnie
benchmarks for files sizes ranging from 8 MB to 1.5 GB, and would seem
to support earlier statements regarding cache performance variance.
(Though these are probably good numbers for estimating CPU/memory/cache
performance!)

So far, so good!  Cheers to the maintainers!!!

-Ted