Hi,

I installed two QUANTUM Atlas III 9 GB disks, using RAID 1 on a REDHAT 5.2
(right out of the box - no patches installed).
Apart from the fact that I had to add the alias line to /etc/conf.modules
manually (alias  md-personality-3  raid1).
Once mounted, my system ran proprely, testing writes and reads of various
files.

Wanting to be prepared for disaster, I disconnected the power of the second
disk in the RAID array and performed a read on some files in my mounted raid
directory.
That started o.k., upto a point where my cat stopped reading the file.
When I rebooted the system (with the second disk powered again) , raidrun -a
exited with a 1, suggesting I should run ckraid.
Amazing:  ckraid reported no errors, and the correct block count.  But: NO
GO.
(btw, I ran ckraid with a collection of possible options...)
/proc/mdtab reported a VERY large number of blocks - larger than the correct
number as reported by ckraid.

fsck didn't help either - did report a clean filesystem !!! ???.

I am feeling like a fool right now (reading despretely every doc - again
...)
Can somebody help me with info/suggestions ?

Thanks to the entire linux community.  Hope I can contribute something
usefull myself (in the future).

Best regards.