yeah- get scsi and throw that ide crap away :)

actually, i have found that the ability to recover from ide disconnect depends
on the bios and the drive. i found this to work with some seagate drives a
year or two ago, as long as the bios was award. would not work with ami bios
or any other brand of drive.

--
test