I installed software RAID on a RedHat 5.2 machine last week. I had
previously upgraded the kernel to 2.2.3. Everything went well.

It is RAID5 on 5 Seagate SCSI drives on a BusLogic board, totalling
around 35G of available disk space.

Last night we had a power outage. The system restarted without problems
except for the RAID. The was successfully recognized by the raidadd
command, but it failed to start with the raidrun command. I ran ckraid
with a number of different options, all ran successfully, but raidrun
still failed.

I downloaded, compiled and installed the latest RAID tools from RedHat.
Supposedly all I need is raidstart, but this simply fails with an
'invalid argument'.

I need to mount this drive. Bummer.

This is urgent, so if someone felt so inclined, to call me at (310)
689-3170, call collect, ask for Thornton, and if you can fix the problem
over the phone we will pay a fair value for your time.

Of course, I gladly invite any suggestions via this list also.

thornton