Currently stock 2.2.9 doesnt really work well with RAID1/RAID5 (reason yet
   unknown, Doug Ledford is investigating the issue). This could either be
   the buffer-cache changes in 2.2.8, or a genuine RAID problem. 2.2.7 (with
   the small patch i've sent to this list that resolves a small reject) works
   fine with the latest release.

I just  upgraded to 2.2.8, and I  run two raid1 devices  with apparently no
problems.  Should I downgrade?

I bought one more disk, so now I have three and plan to switch from rai1 to
raid5.  Should I wait for new kernels before doing that?

Are there places where I could look for this info?  All web pages I saw are
a little behind  the times, the HOWTO has not been  completed, and there is
still nowhere I know of for finding comprehensive documentation or news.

Thanks for your prompt response.

--
Francesco Potort́ (researcher)         Voice:    +39-050-593 203 (op. 211)
Computer Networks Group                Fax:      +39-050-904052