Hi

As far as I know, you are right concerning the [U_] - it shows you, that
the first
drive is up and the second one is down; if both were up (up to date) you
will got a
[UU].
The [2/1] does indicate nearly the same I think; maybe I am wrong, but
that is how I
understand /proc/mdstat.
Would be nice, if some comments about /proc/mdstat would be found in the
raidtools
documentation next time (or is it right implemented?).

Greetings, Dietmar

--
"For those about to rock - we salute you!"
Dietmar Stein, Systemadministrator UNIX/Linux