On Sat, 29 May 1999, Francisco Jose Montilla wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 1999, James O'Kane wrote:
> Raid 5 doesn't have parity disk.

you do lose a disk for parity data, that's the way I've been thinking of
it in my mind, but I know the parity is spread across the disks.

They are seagate 18Gig barracudas.

>       Also, which kernel version/raid patch version/raidtools utilities
> version are you using?

We're using 2.2.6, with the raid patch that goes with the 2.2 kernels,
I'll have to check when I get to work. I'm using raidtools 0.90 as I
stated in the subject.

If labelling the spare disk wrong as a few other people pointed out, why
doesn't the parser catch that like it does when you number the data disk
wrong?

-james