On Mon, 31 May 1999, Till Mommsen wrote:

        Hi,

> >     I guess this is surely due to disks/controller (won't you be using
> > IBM disks?) but certainly, you had luck in being able to build a raid with
> > that config. Guess that the spare-disk wrong option went unadverted to the
> > *picky* raid config file parser...
>
> What is wrong with IBM Disks and Linux SW RAID?

        Nothing concrete, but I've seen lots of headaches with those
drives in general. Gerard Roudier (ncr53c8xx driver) pointed out recently
that these drives doesn't like the way some controllers arbitrate the
SCSI bus...

        greetings,

Francisco J. Montilla              Systems & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator. www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org