> I've got some pretty big problems with my Linux software RAID(-5) array.
> This is what I think happened: Two days ago, the power went out on my file
> server.  When the power came back up, the RAID driver automatically
> started re-synchronizing the array. During the re-sync, the power went out
> again.

The Good News is that there is indeed a way to fix this.  I had a similar
problem where one disk went bad, I replaced that disk and as it was being
reconstructed, another disk showed errors and got kicked out... making a two
drive down raid5.  ick.

I wrote (in length) about how to go about fixing this on the list a little
while ago.  You can see that message at
http://linuxhq.jimpick.com/lnxlists/linux-raid/lr_9905_01/msg00031.html
Make sure to read the other messages in that thread, and make sure to read
the next weeks archives as well.  In specific Piete Brooks' reply mentions
some things that I didn't that will make the whole process much safer.

As an aside, I notice you've been hacking at the kernel... You don't
actually need to do any of this, so do make sure to revert back to an
un-modified build before you follow this procedure...

Feel free to email me if after reading everything you're still stuck.  I
know what it can be like to have gigs of data possibly lost (but not quite),
I'd be happy to help.

Good luck,

Tom