Howdy folks,

A quick question, After several years of my harping on about Linux and what it
can do my dad has given me a "put up or shut up" problem.  He has a 12 GB Novell
Fileserver that's getting more and more unreliable about 20 users sharing data
on it and several networked printers.  He wants a setup that is extremely
reliable.

I was thinking along the lines of 2 SCSI based Machines, both running raid5 one
an exact mirror of the other (I already run a software Raid5 system at work
which has never fallen over.. obviously), with as much redundancy as
possible... I'm just wondering is there anyone else out there running a
similiar setup and what experiences they've had good/bad/other.

I'd be thinking along the lines of DPT/Mylex SCSI Controllers and Seagate
Drives.

Maybe this is more of a High Availability issue?

It would probably be better to reply off list and thanks for your time.

John

---
John Ronan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, +353-51-302411
Telecommunications Software Systems Group - WIT, http://www.tssg.wit.ie

"If England are going to win this match, they're going to have to
score a goal." (Jimmy Hill - BBC)