We want to use Linux raid to make a raid out of pre-existing raids, which I
thought was possible. We tried creating two RAID-1s of 2 disks each, then a
RAID-0 of these two joined. We finished the mkraids on the RAID-1s before
starting the RAID-0. It said something like

running md. not good

and hung up the system (kill -9 would not work). Trying a raid1
over two raid1s got the same result.
   The system is stock RH 6.0 and seems to work fine for any standalone
raid flavor, once initrd is modified to include it.
   A second question - I seem to remember a limit of 12 disks on any Linux
raid. Is this for real? If so is there a way around it?
   Thanks in advance
   Larry Dickson
   Land-5 Corporation