On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 09:12:02AM +0200, paolo furieri thusly shaped the electrons:
> I am using raid-1 0.90 on 2.2.5-22 redhat kernel, and I experienced a lot of
> instability problem: services (http, syslog, named ...) stay up for some
> hours, then they suddenly go down. Then I am waiting for a new raid patch for
> new kernels. But I have seen in mailing-list that 2.2 kernel has filesystem
> stability problem.

Hmm, I'm missing these announces, but I've got a RedHat 6.0 2.2.5-22 with
a 3-way SCSI raid5 with an uptime of about a couple of months, and It's hosting
http, ftp, nfs, samba and other services with no problem ... are you sure the
problem is the kernel ?

Cheers,
Giulio