Greetings,

I'm about to move several disks out of an Asus T-10 case into an
external enclosure because they are running pretty hot.  The motherboard
in the case has an onboard Adaptec 7890 SCSI adapter and I also
installed an Asus SC-875 to drive an external tape unit and a CD-RW.

I'm looking at cases from Granite Digital, and they will make me a
custom cable to hook the Adaptec to the backplate.  The cable is $60.  I
can save that by moving the drives off onto the 53c875 controller, which
already has a 68-pin external port on the back of it, but I'm not sure
which controller is the better one.  Do some people with experience with
both controllers have any comment on which one I should use to drive my
RAID?

The drives in question are actually U2W drives, but it was my
understanding that the aic78xx driver doesn't yet support the 80MB/s
transfer rates.  True, or not?

Thanks!

--
| Charles R. (C. R.) Oldham     | NCA Commission on Schools        |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]               | Arizona St. Univ., PO Box 873011,|