> As I said, I'm trying to set up a SW RAID 5 array under SUSE LINUX 6.1
>
> The configuration sample file mentioned in the manual
> (raid5.conf.sample) is not shipped with my Linux distribution.

You don't need it with raidtools 0.90. Check out raidtab.sample. /etc/raidtab is
the only configuration file you need now.

> What do I have to enter at the command line after receivig that file
> to get my array running ?

Once you've got raidtab setup for your system and your disks partitioned
correctly, do "mkraid /dev/md?" for each raid array in your raidtab, or
"mkraid -a" to do them all together.

Have a look at the Software-RAID HOWTO in the raidtools package or at
http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/. That includes all the necessary
instructions for a basic RAID setup.

Cheers,

Bruno Prior         [EMAIL PROTECTED]