Schackel, Fa. Integrata, ZRZ DA wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've managed to make new SCSI devices (/dev/sdq + /dev/sdr) which are above
> the 16 preconfigured /dev's. (mknod)
> The partitions of the new devices are working.
>
> But by telling mdrun ... /dev/sdix .. /dev/sdqx, I get an 'unknown argument
> 'dev/sdqx'' error.
>
> I'm still using mdtools 0.42 (shipped by SuSE).
> Are there some limitations?

Have you increased the maximum number of raid disks per md device in
md.h? If the above mdrun command is correct, then you want to bind 9
partitions together to form one md device. The normal limit is 8 IIRC.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    http://marc.mutz.com/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)