> i try to use a RAID1 with my RedHat 6.0 but i can't configure my
> /etc/raidtab i have got 2 ide /dev/hda1(mount point /) and /dev/hdb1(mount
> point /root) with 3 giga each when i use mkraid i've got problems with
> mounted device(hda1 & hdb1)

You'll probably want to make the raid out of partitions that aren't doing
anything else at the moment... if you're trying to re-create your root
partition as a raid1, I believe you'll have to backup, create, restore,
although I'm not 100% sure how to go about that without the spare space
to keep a real root around...

But this brings up another interesting question...

If he copied over /root as part of /, is there any method to simply
declaring /dev/hda1 as the correct/working mirror of a raid1 and simply
start the raid1 by having the s/w raid code mirror over to hdb1?

Are there raid superblock problems to getting this to actually work?

I'd like to know for my own selfish reasons, as I'd love to mirror
working filesystems (some even on s/w raid already) with raid1 when
the drives finally ship to me, but I can't wait for that to use them,
and doing the necessary backup/restore when the drives come in would be
a painful (and long) procedure at best.

James Manning
--
Miscellaneous Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development