>Gadi Oxman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Even if we do not survive the failure, the redundancy that RAID provides
>is still valuable. On the next boot after the failure, we will be able
>to continue working in degraded mode with the working drives.

No i cant afford System hanging. I m uising raid for file server. and in my
case while a user copying data to the server and a disk goes doen then srver
do nothing but hanged. At that time administrator have to restart the server
manually and since system is hanged he cant do it remotely have to operate
from console (In my case i have to power off the System).