>       I'm running RH 6.0  with the 2.2.5 kernel.  I've built my RAID 1
> arrays on my /home fs and another fs called /data.  I changed the partition
> type to 'fd' with fdisk, and the persistent superblock is set.  When my
> system boots, it recognizes the arrays, initializes the array, and then
> immediately de-initializes them stating that:
>
> kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k md-personality-3, errno = 2
>
> Any idea what the heck this means, and why it's not automounting my array?

Auto-recognition of the RAID arrays occurs before any filesystem is mounted.
This means, if your raid support is modular (as it is in default RedHat
configurations), that the auto-recognition code can't run the arrays, as the
raid modules are not yet available, because the partitions on which they are
contained (most likely the root partition) have not yet been mounted.

You have two options: either recompile your kernel with raid support built in,
or build a new initrd which includes the raid modules you need with
"mkinitrd --with raid1 /boot/initrd <kernel-version>". You will need to run lilo
either way to point at the new kernel/initrd. Then reboot. Auto-recognition
should work now.

Cheers,

Bruno Prior         [EMAIL PROTECTED]