On 08/30, D. Lance Robinson wrote:
> Lawrence,
>
> If you don't care about being 'standard', There is plenty of fluff in
> the superblock to make room for more disks. I don't know how well
> behaved all the tools are at using the symbolic constants though.
[...]
> Try it out, let us know if the tools work.

I did this a while back to get a 16 disk RAID0.
Works like a charm and has been running for months...

I have no qualms about wiping the partition and changing if there's no
easy migration once >12 disks is standard.  I don't know the details of
whether this will be required, but please consider it before you go this
route.

-j

--
"What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the sound of a        | Jason Lavoie
 wall that people have stopped banging their heads against?" | [EMAIL PROTECTED]