Software levels: Redhat 6.0, kernel 2.2.5-15, raidtools-0.90

I recently set up raid-1 on my system to do disk mirroring.
The mirroring is working just fine.  I decided it would be wise to test what
would happen if I lost one of the two disks that are in this raid test, so I
simply unplugged one of the two disk drives.  One the next write to /dev/md0,
mdrecoveryd noticed and sent error messages to the console and syslog
stating the /dev/md0 was running in degraded mode with only one disk drive.

My question is this, how to I add the disk drive back to the raid1 mirror
without destroying the one copy of the data that I have?  mkraid says not to
use -f as it will cause the original data to be lost.  Is there any other
utility that can be used to resync the data and rebuild the mirror?

Or do I have to copy all of my data to tape or another disk drive, rebuild the
mirror, and then readd the data?  :(

My /etc/raidtab looks like:

# raid-1 configuration
raiddev                 /dev/md0