Hi,

I have been working on getting raid1 software support to work with Redhat
6.0 kernel version 2.2.5-15smp and raidtools 0.90

I can created raid1 devices now but cant get them to run on bootup.
Everytime I reboot I have to restart the raid devices. I set up a /dev/md0
and a /dev/md1 and mounted them to /newhome and /newvar. However if I try
to add these devices into my /etc/fstab file then I halt on bootup when it
tried to access /dev/md0 because it doesn't recognize it as a valid file
system.

I added raid support by making a new initrd image using:
mkinitrd --with=raid1 initrd-raid 2.2.5-15smp
I installed this into /etc/lilo.conf
and ran:
lilo -v

After I bootup I do a cat /proc/mdstat and it says:

The output from /proc/mdstat is:
Personalities: [raid1]
read_ahead not set
unused devices: <none>

Which was different from before:
Personalities: [none]
read_ahead not set
unused devices: <none>

Do I need to compile raid support into the kernal also?

Thank,

Kevin Adams