marco wrote:

> > Also, /proc/mdstat has no change:
> >
> > Personalities :
> > read_ahead not set
> > md0 : inactive
> > md1 : inactive
> > md2 : inactive
> > md3 : inactive
>
> This looks like your problem (in both cases). You have no raid personalities
> available, which means you do not have RAID support running. Either you have
> modular raid support (as installed by default, for example, in RedHat 6.0) and
> the modules have not been recognized at bootup, or you do not have raid support
> built into your kernel at all. We could do with knowing what kernel, patches and
> raidtools you are running, the contents of your syslog, and the output of dmesg.
> What have you done to enable raid support?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruno Prior         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I use kernel 2.2.10 and I recompiled my kernel whit this option active
as modules

"block device"

loopback device support                 set a Y
network block device support            set a Y
multiple device driver support          set a Y
linear (append) mode                    set a Y
raid-0 mode                             set a Y
raid-1 mode                             set a Y
raid-4-5 mode                           set a Y

I have saved and do:
make dep
make clean
make bzImage

make module
make modules_install

after this .I have copied bzImage in /boot directory and I have runned
lilo

after I restart my PC.....

it's right??

marco

 E-TREE S.r.l.  Via Fonderia 93 - 31100 Treviso (Italy)
 phone +39.0422.3107 fax +39.0422.310888
 http://www.e-tree.com