OK.  Thanks to everyone for answering my question about RAID.  After using
the 'unmentionable' flag, it began working.

But...now the filesystem does not appear to work properly.  I mounted the
filesystem (mount /dev/md0 /RAID), but an 'ls -al' within that fs shows
only 'total 0'.  I cannot write to the fs either.  I tried it with the
individual fs comprising the RAID (/dev/hda5 and /dev/hda6) bout mounted
and unmounted.  Output of /proc/mdstat below:

[root@localhost /RAID]# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid0]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md0 : active raid0 hda6[1] hda5[0] 51200 blocks 16k chunks
unused devices: <none>

Is there any device files that need to be in the raided fs?

Thanks,
Marco