Just a little FYI for everyone.  The new 2.2.12 kernel by VA Linux Systems
(they do a few things to make it run better on their hardware, YMMV) has
software RAID and DAC960 support already patched in as well as a few other
goodies.

ftp.valinux.com/pub/kernel/linux-2.2.12-6/6.0/optional/

for the RPM's.

or for the patches:

ftp.valinux.com/pub/kernel/linux-2.2.12-6/patches/

Oddly, I don't see the software RAID patch there, so I'm not sure what
they're using for it.

--
Aaron Turner           | Either which way, one half dozen or another.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      | http://www.pobox.com/~aturner/

"There is no worse tyranny than to make a man pay for something he does
not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
-Benjamin Franklin