At 04:56 PM 10/12/99 +0200, Kay Salzwedel wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>How long does it take to resync a RAID5 array after a disk failure?
>Unfortunately, I have just two disks on my box (OK, I got tree on it but
>one is so packed that I can not use it) so that I cannot try for myself.
>
>Please cc to me 'cos I'm not in this list.

Kay,
I have 6 4.2G drives making up each MD device on my Raid 5 array... it
takes anywhere from 30-40 minutes if I leave it alone to 2 hrs if I do
other things while it's re-syncing.

            David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Packet: N5XMT@KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA   T.A.P.R. Member #7068
    Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!