I need to order ~10 RAID cards RSN. These will be the first batch on
what will in turn become the default RAID card used by us in most of
our servers. I've been using Dell badged AMI MegaRAID cars 'til now
but Dell have stopped shipping these so I'm looking for a possible
alternative card to use.

I've been looking at the DPT SmartRAID/Cache V family but the only
reports I've seen to date are of far from brilliant performance --
anyone got a "success" story for these ?? The ICP Vortex seems to be
getting good reviews all round but I'm not sure if there's a local
supplier here (Ireland) and I'd prefer to buy off a local supplier
(I haven't mailed them about this yet though). I've seen reports
that Mylex DAC960s are very scarce these days so I've more or less
ruled these out as I need guaranteed availability.

There is of course the option to stay with MegaRAID cards.

So, without starting a huge discussion about which card is best,
could people send me (off list) success/horror reports on any of
the above cards (or others).

Dave