On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 01:39:58PM -0700, Tom Livingston wrote:
> Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 05:46:36PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > i am discovering reproduceable crashes with stripes of raid5s
> > >
> > > Kernel 2.2.12  + raid0145-19990824-2.2.11.gz
> > > raidtools 19990924
> > >
> > > Message is "Got md request" and machine freezes hard ... Console
> > > switching works but no other action.
> >
> > BTW: This happens when doing an mke2fs on the stripe when
> > both raid5s are still in "resync".
> > This happens after 2-5 seconds when starting mke2fs
>
> The machine crashes?  With no OOPS?  Is the machine SMP?  If so, does the

Partly Yes, Yes, No

Currently (i did a bit further - Included raid & md into kernel instead module)
the machine does not crash but gets stuck.
I am just able to press CTRL-ALT-ENTF but it doesnt reboot - It gets stuck
at "Unmounting filesystems" although i haven got anything mounted on raid.

With modules the machine didnt even accept "CTRL-ALT-ENTF".

> problem still happen if you run in UP mode?  Either way, try compiling with
> the Magic SysRq feature (in kernel hacking) and when you get the lockup do
> the SysRq + O to cause an OOPS.. and then decode it... this will
> (hopefully?) show us where it's at.

Ill try that

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  +49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is