Jakob Østergaard wrote:
> Shouldn't the raidhotadd command check that the supplied disk
> name to be added is actually a valid device in the raidtab file ?

I'm not so sure...

I never saw raidhotadd as being an application that required the drive to
already be known.  In fact, I always presumed it might be used in a case
where you hotswap a new drive into an empty swap cabinet, hotadd it to the
array, and then pull the old failed drive.

Obviously you could edit the raidtab before hand to add this drive to the
raid set.. but as it wouldn't be (ye), you'd be enforcing some pretty
strange behavior.

I wonder if a more straightforward test would be to refuse to use /dev/sdX
if any of the partition on sdX are mounted... this would be akin to refusing
to use /dev/sda1 if sda1 is already mounted.

Tom