HI,

1st than you all for your help.

Now: is it worth it to go with the Mylex Extreme Raid instead of the
Accelleraid? its about a 600 US-$ difference.

I want to use the Raid on a WWW and DB server, I was thinking to use
9.1 gig IBM drives, 5 HD's and 1 hot spare (obviously raid 5).
ANother question would be: Of course I would like to use all 36 gig
drives do to some WWW hosting, however where comes the bottleneck? is
there any point at all to use 36 gig drives or will the CPU become
the bottleneck long before the 5x 36 gig array is near capacity? Or
the raid itself becomes the bottle neck, Imean its one thing to
"store" 5x 36 gig gigs and another total different thing would be to
actually serve it.

Thank you for any help/insight.

Ralf R. Kotowski