Hi all out there:

        I'm new to this list , (just yesterday setup my first linear RAID) ,
and I would ask some questions :

        My RAID is like this :

                IDE0 ---- >hda1 (170mb)
                        |-->hdb1 (Seagate 210) |
                IDE1----->hdc1 (Seagate 210) | -> md0
                        |-->hdd1 (Conner 210)  |

        on a 486DX2-66 with Debian 2.1. The two IDE are in one ISA card.

        The cuestion is : Should i install every HD in his own IDE controler
and became master ? (I'm talking of 4 ISA cards)  or the bus is just so slow
that this makes no difference in perfomarce terms?
        The power supply is 230W : Am i in danger of power supply failure?

        And finaly : Are there some studies on performace gains in SQL servers
over a RAID? Particulary a MySQL working against an php-enabled Apache web
server

Thanks you for your patience , and greetings to pukka (we miss you in #linux ,
man)

 (This little beast is builded entirely of crap ,having parts of 7 pc's. More
funny that any meccano ever...)

Shoggoth        F. Javier Rodríguez     Ing. Tec. Telecom.
Alcoy , Alicante , Spain