I have an i386 machine running RH6.1, booting from a small IDE drive and running a 3 disk scsi raid 5 array. I had little trouble following the How-To to get the array set up, and by all indications it's up and running. A cat of /proc/mdstat produces

[root@tiki_tiki raid]# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid5]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md0 : active raid5 sdc1[2] sdb1[1] sda1[0] 6313344 blocks level 5, 32k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/3] [UUU]
unused devices: <none>

I have Samba 2.05a running, as this machine is intended to be a file server for about a dozen WinNT and Win98 clients.
All shares show up to the clients, and all is well until I use my WinNT client and copy files over from the old (NT) server onto the new Linux server. Then I start getting console messages like the following

EXT2-fs warning (device md(9,0)): ext2_free_inode: bit already cleared for inode xxxxxx

I can open, edit, resave, etc. the files on the samba share, apparently without problem, but don't understand the origin or nature (severity) of the above messege. Can anyone help me with this?

Bryce Willing
Regal Research & Mfg. Co.

I might mention that the files copied over have _spaces_ in the file names, I'm not sure if it has any bearing on this...