I'm using the 0.50 tools and RAID works but the 2.0.38 kernel was never
patched.  The tools did not contain any info that specifically stated that a
patch was needed and for the most part, the tools work and I can get raid
running.  However I am starting to see some strange behaviour such as ckraid
always finding that the array is OK when it isn't.

Which patch should be applied against a 2.0.38 kernel when using the 0.50
tools?  I can not find anything in the docs or howtos that describes this.
Conversely, if I am running 2.0.38 kernel, which tools/patch combination could
be used instead.

Alex

On Wed, 03 Nov 1999, Bruno Prior  wrote:
> > /dev/hda8: device too small (0kB)

> I take it from your
> success with /dev/md0 and /dev/md1 that you have raid-patched the kernel?

I'm not sure about the patch.  If I remember right, I think the older tools
worked OK with the newer kernel. ( I could be wrong on this  )