Hmm... when I did:

raidhotremove /dev/md2 /dev/sda

It told me that /dev/sda was not in the array, when it is, /dev/md2 is
built from /dev/sda4 and /dev/sdb4.

I guess here's the situation, I have two partition, sda4 and sdb4, that
comprise md2.  One of them is good and is still running, the other is,
as someone put it, fubar.  How can I tell the system to rebuild the bad
from the good?  Is it not that easy?

-Michel