On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Bryan Batchelder wrote:

> I managed to get a nice 14GB array up using RedHat 6.0 and piecing together
> information from man pages and web sites....but now I am wondering what the
> preferred documentation set is for the latest RAID tools.  The stuff in the
> LDP is pretty old looking.

look under /usr/doc/raidtools...

> I would like to find out information about stride settings/performance and
> ultimately how to get it to properly auto start...I still have to log in
> after reboot and do a 'raidstart /dev/md0', 'mount -a'.

The Red Hat init scripts are broken for raid. You can either let the
kernel autodetect by setting the partition type or you can correct the RH
rc.sysinit.

If you choose the latter edit /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and replace the
instances of raidadd with /sbin/raidstart. I have found that it does not
always work when using `raidstart -a' so I explicitely start each array
like so:

        action "Starting Raid0 array on /dev/md0" /sbn/raidstart /dev/md0

Jason Clifford                                  http://www.definitelinux.com/
      Definite Linux - The UK's leading distribution with crypto support
               **** Linux Workstation and Server Systems ****