I believe this is for people using the devfs which has both a /dev/md[0-9]+ and
/dev/md/[0-9]+

--
        "That is precisely what common sense is for, to be jarred into
         uncommon sense."

   Mark Ferrell    :   Major'Trips'
   Lead Programmer :   Chaotic Dreams Development Team
   URL             :   http://www.planetquake.com/chaotic
   E-Mail          :   [EMAIL PROTECTED]