[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is there some good documentation about raid and ide?  I am using the
> raid0145-19990824-2.2.11 patch at the moment and although they work
> fine  am wondering if performance is enhanced with the ide patches
> since all my drives are ide (I know don't you think i WANT SCSI!).

Although some chipsets may contain extra support, or additional features in
the ide patches, generally the answer would be no... if your current chipset
is supported and working properly and fully in the default kernel, the ide
patches are unlikely to provide any noticeable speed improvement.

> I am assuming the ide patches is in place of the raid0145-19990824-2.2.11
> patch and not in addition to.

It is in addition to.  It's not RAID for ide, it's just additional ide
support... therefore you need the raid code as well.

tom