On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Michael Trainor wrote:

> I've got a Dual Celeron 466 system (Abit BP6) running four maxtor IDE
> hard drives on the ATA66 controller (using ATA33 for all four drives).

I have the same box with PIIX4 onboard and extra HPT ata66 controller; 4
identical bigfoots, raid0.
However, I keep getting the SMP-IDE-RAID lockups.

> I'm running 2.2.14pre11 with the ide patch and the latest raid patch
> (8/24?).  ATA/66 mode is disabled for the channels (lock up problems).

I wonder if you're trying to say that you fixed the lockups by disabling
Ultra/66 on your controller. If so, I really wanna know how to do that, so
I can enable SMP again.

Thanks in advance,
Erik
--