Jim,
If you have the PCI space and the cards, maybe re-construct the whole thing
with each drive on a seperate controller...  That will give you faster
access, as each controller can allocate it's 20mb/sec to each drive.

At 07:41 PM 12/12/1999 +0000, Jim Ford wrote:

>It's all worked so well that I'm resetting it all up with swap on a raid5
>partition (thanks - Bruno Prior!) and a spare disk. I'm also worried about
>the performance of the ISA AHA1542 controller, so I'm going to rob another
>of my machines of its PCI NCR53C810 and use that instead. (I've also
>considered fitting an AHA1540 I have in addition to the AHA1542 and
>splitting the disks between them - I'm not sure what's best. Comments
>welcomed!)
>
>I hope the forgoing - whilst repeating much of what's in Jakob
>Oestergard's HOWTO, is helpfull!
>
>Regards: Jim Ford

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Packet: N5XMT@KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!