Hi Jakob,

> 6. Reconstruction

> If you've read the rest of this HOWTO, you should already have a pretty good
> idea about what reconstruction of a degraded RAID involves. I'll summarize:

>     Power down the system
>     Replace the failed disk
>     Power up the system once again.
>     Use raidhotadd /dev/mdX /dev/sdX to re-insert the disk in the array
>     Have coffee while you watch the automatic reconstruction running

What about partitioning the new disk and marking the partition(s) - if necessary - of
type FD for the kernel to autodetect on next boot? Not that I had the need to
reconstruct in a stressed situation on a production system yet ;-) but I think -
although they're obvious tasks - it would be a good idea to have them in this
step-by-step instruction.

Cheers
Urban