I tried out Mandrake 7.0 (oxygen) beta looks like they have a patched kernel with 0.9x raidtools and a groovy gui for adding devices call diskdrake   took me 5 minutes to setup 3 18GB disks for linear..

Linux has come a long way indeed!

Stephen Waters wrote:

are you using 0.9x raid?
i am, and my raidtab manpage says the value is in KB.
also, the HOWTO says it's in KB:
http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/Software-RAID.HOWTO-4.html#ss4.8

-s

--