I have a production system with raid5 0.42 tool set. Disk A of a 3
disk set failed a couple of days ago on a power cycle. The array was
downed successfully PRIOR to the failure, the drive simply did not
spin up and appears totally dead. I've replaced the drive and done a
ckraid /etc/raid5.conf --fix --suggest-failed-disk-mask 0001 which
appears to have run successfully. When I attempt to
mdadd -ar /dev/md0, I get the error

"invalid checksum for /dev/md0"

and the array is not activated.

I would dearly like to recover the array intact, any suggestions to
breath life into this critter would be appreciated.

Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]