Scott Thomson wrote:

> Am I missing something here?
> The source has just been freshly untarred from linux-2.2.14.tgz
> This is just the the first prompt. It goes on and on...
>
> patching file `linux/init/main.c'
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 19.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 488.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 928.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 1426.
> 4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to linux/init/main.c.rej
> The next patch would create the file `linux/include/linux/raid/linear.h',
> which already exists! Assume -R? [n]

Two things:

The patch that I initially downloaded from Mingo's site had line
breaks between what should have been wrapped lines. This caused
the patch to fail much like what you are describing. I am not
sure where or how the bogus line breaks were introduced.

I downloaded the patch again last night and it did apply cleanly
to a pristine 2.2.14 source tree.

The patch I downloaded was "raid-2.2.14-B1".

--
Rob Riggs
Technical Staff