I am currently trying to configure the same controler for a Debian installation. I
patched a 2.2.13 kernel source with the patches for the DPT-controler (patches were for
kernel 2.2.5, but I performed them manually).

I first tried to compile the driver in the kernel, but I got strange timeouts when
using
this kernel (for minutes, I couldn't access the drive).
Then I tried to insert it as a module. Kernel compiled well, but I got compilation
errors when doing a "make module".

Then I just "insmod -f "-ed the module I got from the RedHat 6.0 disks and that worked.

Tomorrow, I get on with the tests.

Brecht