On 14 Jan 2000, Chris Good wrote:

>   Much, much better - we've taken all the i960 cards out of our systems
> and replaced them with strongarm based ones.  Needless to say we shant
> be buying any more i960 cards and our supplier is talking about stopping
> shipping them as the perform so much worse.

Are you comparing the new high-end to the old high-end (older i960's), or
are you saying that even in the new stuff, the extremeraids just blow the
acceleraids away?  I'm about to put together a RAID5 on an accleraid 250.
I've got a few systems using 200's for mirroring and have been happy with
them...but mirroring isn't terribly CPU intensive, esp. compared to RAID5.

 Jon Lewis *[EMAIL PROTECTED]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________