Feel free to ignore this message if it isn't useful.

I have two raid-1 paritions  / and /home.

I have recently had two unplanned reboots one a power failure, one a real
crash (first one in 3 years of using Linux!)

Upon reboot, two [raid1syncd] processes appear, as expected.
However, they remain after resync is complete.

My system is RH 6.1 with all updates and custom 2.2.12 kernel.
The raidtab is

raiddev   /dev/md0
          raid-level             1
          nr-raid-disks          2
          nr-spare-disks         0
          chunk-size             32
          persistent-superblock  1
          device                 /dev/sdb2
          raid-disk              0
          device                 /dev/sdc2
          raid-disk              1
raiddev   /dev/md1
          raid-level             1
          nr-raid-disks          2
          nr-spare-disks         0
          chunk-size             32
          persistent-superblock  1
          device                 /dev/sdb4
          raid-disk              0
          device                 /dev/sdc4
          raid-disk              1

BTW, I've been using raid for about a year and really like it - Thanks!

Best regards,
Scott Wilburn

| W. Scott Wilburn               | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Los Alamos National Laboratory | Phone: (505) 667-2107   |
| MS H803                        | Fax:   (505) 665-4121   |
| Los Alamos, NM 87545           |                         |