Hi,

I have a pair of disks set in RAID-1 partitions

/dev/hda -> SAMSUNG SV0842D
/dev/hdc -> ST38421A

I want to change the ST38421A disk with another SV0842D.

Is it possible to add this third disk to the RAID1 set without loosing the data
(existing on the RAID device), and then remove the other disk?

Or it is better to just remove the /dev/hdc disk, have the RAID in failure mode,
and then "substitute" the device with an hot-add of the new disk?

Maurizio

--
______
     / Maurizio M. Munafo'                             /   dMMMMMMMMb  dMMMMb